Friday, September 2, 2011

I don't know where to start

First of all let me say that I have never written a blog before, I never even kept a diary so I have no idea what I should say or how I should say it, so lets start here.........
Tomorrow is the big day, the day that I will be arriving in Costa Rica and beginning this life changing experience.  I have so many thoughts running through my head.  I'm so nervous about making my flight lol because I only have a 51 min layover.  I'm also worried about fitting in and how people will look at me as an American.  My biggest worry is the language barrier.  I'm so nervous about speaking to people for fear of sounding stupid and I worry that I may not understand what they are saying to me. 

Packing and getting myself ready was an experience in itself.  Trying to pack smart and light is pretty difficult. I would have never thought that I could pack for three months and only use one bag especially when the bag has to be less than 50llbs.  One thing for sure that I wish I would have looked up or considered before I decided on Costa Rica for my studies is their visa laws.  Since they are going through a transition with their laws it has made the process somewhat difficult and cost me a lot more money.  I'm pretty sure others have experienced what I am feeling at this moment so that definitely eases my mind a little.  Even though I am super nervous I also can't wait to get there and to meet my new family and roommates, and to experience everything that I can. I have waited so long for this day and it has finally arrived!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment